- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 x 12-hole muffin tins, lined with paper cases
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 c, gas mark 5,
- In a bowl place your room temperature butter and beat until it is softened , then add your flour (sift it), sugar, salt, eggs and milk (both should be room temperature).
- Place your baking cases into your cupcake tins, and spoon an equal amount of cake mixture into each case.
- Place both trays into your pre-heated oven for approx 15 mins, swap the tins around in your oven and bake for a further 3 to 8 minutes, this will give you an even bake, keep your eyes on them - you are looking for a light golden colour.
Now you have 24 fluffy and delicious cupcakes!
How will you decorate yours ? ( sprinkles !! )