- 4 ounces of self raising flour
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 12-cup fairy cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups of the fairy cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, decorate with your desired frosting or toppings. Enjoy!